Pages

25 February 2011

Well, hello - it has been far too long!

So, I started this blog-venture last year. In my mind I was so gung-ho about starting a blog. And after two posts, I did absolutely nothing to nurture it. I didn't know what I was trying to accomplish other than I thought blogging was cool and I never was one of the "cool" kids, but could be...maybe.

Since 2010, I have started following several blogs and have learned a number of things!!
  1. You don't have to be a professional writer to have a blog. Misspellings and improper grammar are a-ok in the blogging world - though they drive me bonkers on a personal level.
  2. You don't have to be a Wordy Gertie to have a blog. The blogs I read the most are straight-forward and, dare I say, simple.
  3. The best blogs aren't glamorous - they are just every day musings and experiences...LIFE (see #2)...and it isn't always rainbows and butterflies!! People out there have hurt in their lives just like me!
  4. The best blogs don't have crazy requirements for their give-aways. Some blogs want you to go to the shop and then comment on what you like the most, then go 'like' the shop on facebook, then go 'follow' the shop on twitter, and then...well, you get the point. I understand the point - frequency of impression and exposure to the products will drive sales up! For a short while, I was one of those shopper, liker, followers - and it was exhausting! I encourage any blog that does give-aways to consider doing them like The Pioneer Woman or Young House Love. TPW and YHL do them just because.
  5. To be a "successful" blogger, you have to nurture it (which I haven't done in the past). And, you can define successful any way you want! As for this blog, I would consider it a HUGE success if there was a single comment (good or bad).

No comments:

Post a Comment